Introduction to Ice Program
This short 3 - 4 week program is for youth who are 3 - 6 years old who have no skating experience. Each class is 30 minutes in length and will feature age appropriate, off and on-ice activities including games and music. At the end of this program, students will be given a "Good Job" award with instructors evaluation notes. Ice skates and helmets required. Skate rental available for $3 pr.
Upcoming Introduction to Ice Program Dates
- December 6, 13, 20; Tuesday Mornings (3 sessions) $30 - Class FULL
- January 7, 14, 21, 28; Saturday Morning Classes (4 sessions) $40 - Registration Open
- January 10, 17, 24; Tuesday Morning Classes (3 sessions) $30 - Registration Open
- January 30, February 6, 13; Monday Morning Classes (3 sessions) $30 - Registration Open
Click on the register online button for additional
program information including specific class times.
Andover Skate School - Ice Skating Lesson ProgramsThe Andover Skate School offers ice skating lesson programs for skaters, age 3 - adult. Click on the class names listed below and choose the class and level that’s best describes skaters skills. Classes include a 30 minute lesson and 30 minute on-ice practice time. The first week of class, coaches will teach safety precautions, introduce skills and ensure students are in the correct class. Students will also receive a complimentary $10 punch card to use towards skate rental, skate sharpening and/or future open skate sessions. Students will be evaluated during the last two days of class and achievement cards and certificates will be awarded. Students must pass all skills to advance to the next level.
Upcoming Learn to Skate School Program Dates
- Winter 2017 Session: January 7 - February 25, 2017; Saturday Mornings (8 sessions) $95 - Registration Now Open
Spring 2017 Session: March 25 - May 6, 2017; Saturday Mornings (6 sessions) $75
- Fall 2016 Session: October 1 - November 19, 2016; Saturday Mornings (7 sessions) $85 - Classes will not meet October 22 (MEA weekend).
PALS Parent/Child Class Ages 3 - 4
BASIC Ages 5 - 12
FREESTYLE Ages 8 & Older
Intro to Hockey - Jr Huskies Jr. Huskies is a program sponsored by the Andover Huskies Youth Hockey Association for youth ages 3 - 8. This program will introduce youth to the sport of Hockey. Youth participating in this program should have already participated in the Andover Community Center Introduction to Ice Program or have taken basic ice skating skills. For more information, visit the AHYHA.
Q: Who teaches the learn to skate programs?
A: Meet our Learn to Skate School Staff (PDF)
Additional questions, contact the Andover Community Center at 763-755-3238 or by email